View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #25
shyvoodoo
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: RUMOR: Activision Eyeing Takeover Bid of Take Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
What sports game could Activision make that would bring in money? Football? Nope, EA has that market. Baseball? Nope, 2K has that. Basketball? I guess they could make an NBA game, but since when has Activision done that? They'd be fighting an uphill battle. Soccer? Same thing as basketball. Hockey? You get the picture: the sports game market is intimately tied into licensing and the popularity of the sport. There's just really not much they can do.

An acquisition of TTWO would change things for them. They would be fools to mess with NBA 2K. MLB? Who knows... Maybe they'd make changes for the better, or maybe they simply let the licensing agreement expire and let another company *cough EA* have a go at it. Considering Activision's recent philosophy of scrapping titles not pulling their own weight, that just might be a possibility.

Landscapes are always changing. I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Umm.. I don't think you understood what Chris was trying to say.. I think he already KNOWS what games they can or cannot make, since he is a featured writer and contributor to this site. What he was saying was if 2k gets taken over along with TT, will Activision go full throttle into the sports game genre since they have a proven developer in that area now under their umbrella or will they just shut down the developer altogether and see sports games as nothing but an expensive risk (I personally if this is the philosophy of the company, would like to see them SELL the developer rather than shut it down....)

ben
voodoo
Advertisements - Register to remove