View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
mjhyankees
MVP

OVR: 9
Slider thoughts for the running game and technique.

I figure I'm not the only one so perhaps all of you could share you sliders and techniques for the running game.
I've suddenly had trouble running the ball. I don't know what I'm doing different. now some games I have crap lines (I play all games all teams) but still I had Suh on Detroit make 12 tackles vs the Raiders. He and the rest of his line were having support groups meetings in my backfield almost every play. I'd like to get my sliders to the point where even with a crap line I can at least break the LOS. If I get 2.5-3.0 ypc with a crap line that's fine. I recently lower the cpu to 30-10-35 and raised my run block to 45 (Yeah I know it's high but....) and still I'm having trouble. And at the end of the game it's ridiculous. When I'm running the clock the cpu puts 10 in the box and I lose yards every play. Now I'd expect with Min. line I could move them a few yards at least?
How do I prevent these guys getting into the backfield so much. It seems unrealistic. IRL guys play off blocks and hit the back at the LOS or 1-2 yards down field. Only once in a while does a play get blown up. My line on D rarely blows up plays.....hmmm...maybe if I mimicked my own settings....
I spin and juke and the line and that prevents 5 yard losses but I still get no where.
What are you doing for a good running game?
Advertisements - Register to remove