View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #17
X12Celtics3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Customization is King....What Would You Like to Customize?

1. In depth playbook customization (as has already been stated several times in this thread)

2. More in depth depth chart (poorly worded, but you got what I meant). Examples:

A. I should be able to set players to have certain roles that dictate what scenarios they will generally play in. On the Patriots, if its an obvious running down I want Spikes playing alongside Mayo, and on passing downs I want Guyton. On short yardage plays I want Green-Ellis, and on draws, outside runs, and passing plays I want Woodhead. On running plays I probably want Crumpler or Gronkowski, but out of the shotgun I want Hernandez.

B. I should be allowed to decide who plays on special teams. I want a long snapper position, I want to decide who holds the snap, and I want to decide who plays on kickoff and punt coverage. I'm sick of seeing 35+ year old veterans doing kickoff coverage every game, and I'm also sick of seeing non-special team TE's and WR's doing kickoff coverage. I want my young, fast defensive players (and certain offensive players like Slater) on this coverage, and I want to decide which players line up in each spot.

C. There should be some way to differentiate different variations of positions to make the depth chart more functional. For example, slot receivers and outside receivers don't really play the same position. If Brandon Tate (who I have as WR#1 on the depth chart because of his skill set and how he fits in with the NE playbook as Moss's replacement) gets injured, I do not want the default replacement to be Wes Welker. Wes Welker does not run streaks all day, he catches screens and short passes and gets YAC. 3-4 lineman and linebackers are not the same as 4-3 lineman and linebackers. Cornerbacks who play fantastic man-to-man defense and average zone defense should not play in schemes which rely heavily on the zone.

These are not necessarily all customization, but they are all franchise-related gripes that I would like to be able to customize. I also wouldn't mind a true uniform editor, or a way to relocate teams but still keep the uniforms and logos in addition to being able to make new ones in addition to the old.