View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
luv_mist
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Analyst: Take Two 'Would Accept' Activision Takeover Bid

Bizarre Creations Closing Shop

Bizarre was purchased by Activision not too long ago and now they are closing shop. Activision is what EA was not too long ago. They are on top with a solid game that keeps the money rolling in so they are heartless when it comes to patience and cultivating. In all honesty with the way they have been shutting down studios for useless reasons, I'd want them to stand clear of anything T2 or Rockstar. I honestly wouldn't mind having EA scoop up T2 because we all know they would be shoving that ELITE title down the chute. On another note, it would be awful for Sony to pick up T2 because the sports titles would shrink. Plus 2K makes more multiplatform as opposed as exclusively which is a big reason why Bungie jumped off the M$ bandwagon.

I say T2 needs to continue to build great new IP. I think they also need to dabble more in DLC to bring in more money with the IP they have already. Honestly, they seem to be in a great position in my opinion. Stock market is not a litmus for how good a company is in terms of quality. They can get the sales without a doubt. Just need to keep working hard on their weak points. I honestly like the thought of them being acquired by Disney if that's an option. Highly unlikely, but that's hoping.......

On a side note about EA: They are starting to honestly open up their doors to creativity. I give them credit for that. We'll see how well the Ex-Infinity guys do with their new IP and how well Bioware is a few years down the line. EA is posed to make a big jump.
Advertisements - Register to remove