Old 02-16-2011, 07:54 AM   #35
Cusefan
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: RUMOR: Activision Eyeing Takeover Bid of Take Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Poseidon
I agree with almost everything in your post. 2K Sports is really an afterthought here, as Rockstar is the prize. Beyond the GTA series, Rockstar has some great properties like Bully, L.A. Noire, and especially Red Dead Redemption. Activision getting Rockstar would probably mean we'd be seeing yearly releases of these, a very depressing thought. The quality of the games would suffer, as the main focus would be online multiplayer to please people like the guy who said NBA 2K11 sucked because the online wasn't great.

Red Dead Redemption 2: Modern Redemption - John Marston comes back to life as a black ops agent fighting against Russian warlords. The single player is only three levels, most of which is spent playing in slow motion after a giant explosion.
That last paragraph is really funny, but so true. I like to compare cod games to hollywood movies, modern warfare is like a fun, mindless movie( Bad Boys 2, Rambo). Basically the plot is made after all the cool special effects scenes are planned. 2K on the other hand has created unique games like Bioshock and anything rockstar makes.

Activision may give 2k a bigger budget but they will milk their franchises for all they are worth. Everyone keeps saying they want choices but this merger would create less quality titles. Activision or EA buying 2K is just bad news for us gamers

Last edited by Cusefan; 02-16-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove