View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Directional sliders on all madden.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
I'm still absolutely puzzled is to how directional throwing on all-madden is supposed to work. Personally I just try to stay the hell away from the left stick while throwing, especially using left/right on the left stick hasn't lead to anything for me but throws that miss their intended target by approximately a mile (I'm not joking, I have never ever, not a single time seen a throw that I made while aiming with the left stick come even close to the intended receiver, they sometimes get caught by completely different receivers on the other side of the field or get picked off by defenders nowhere close to the intended receiver, though), I'm sometimes using high/low, though, but only in very specific situations where I know in advance I want to make a high/low throw and I'm not sure it really helps much.

Maybe I'm just doing it all wrong, but nothing I've seen so far has me convinced that it is possible to use left/right directional throwing effectively. Maybe it works better if you use guys like Brady or Manning, but for the high 80s/low 90s S/MAC QBs I use in my franchises, it's simply suicide to use that left stick.
Your probably leading the WR too much.. Its real tricky with the accuracy on all-madden. You have to point the stick more towards the WR instead of pointing it too far out because it will sail on you like that. You have to really point it to the spot where you want the ball placed.. I try to place it to the point where the WR almost has to slow up for the ball.