Old 02-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #94
nemesis04
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: OS Staff Roundtable - MLB '11: The Show Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
I'm with the first guy. I am still underwhelmed with the demo. I hate people that are on here warming up to the devs claiming this is the best game they have ever played. Then 8 other users also throw their comments claiming it's the best. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I hate that saying. You guys have been saying that since mlb '09. We are on our third year of saying that. If you don't like a game, go to the previous one. Also, if someone criticizes the game, all of the users who glorify this game gangs up against him shooting him down. The commentary is still horrible, the foul ball camera is so stale, the game overall just plays out stale as well. I'm really not sure if I'll dish out 60 to buy this game. That is saying something considering I bought my ps3 for this game. Users should criticize this game, because criticism ignites improvement. The presentation has been the same, still no highlight tv like show. Matty V bores me to sleep. The equipment received no upgrades. Still the same. I played over 200 games of mlb '09. I played probably 100 in '10. Is it worth it to pay another 60 and probably play less games due to me getting bored of the gameplay? They need to spice it up. They need to suck it up and purchase rights to equipment brands. Overall the menu system. I swear the graphic designer who designed the menus, overlays, etc needs to get a face lift. They changed the colors, yipee, I want an overhaul. Why not make different overlays to keep the game fresh? Different overlays meaning maybe have a local market tv overlay and a nationally televised production. I feel nothing when I hit a home run. Why is that? I swear the presentation is what is keeping this game down. I could fall asleep when I listen to Matt V. Wrigley looks the same for the third consecutive year. It looks awful. Anyways, I will probably buy this year's version if the price is right.
You lost me at the end here. To feel so strongly that game has not progressed and has a stale feel to it, you end it off by saying "I will end up getting at some point"? If you are going to run and jump in the pool don't stop at the edge! Buy it, don't buy whatever, does not affect me either way but if you feel so strongly against something the right way to go about it is to pass on it. Why support something you don't really enjoy?

Last edited by nemesis04; 02-26-2011 at 03:16 PM.