View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
Schweiger70
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jacob Caine: His long Road to the Show

Chapter 1.1:
Meet Zeus. My brother, Robert Caine’s scouting report.

Previous Year stat line: 8-3 with a 2.33 ERA, stuck out 109 over 76 1/3 innings. Allowed 42 hits and 37 walks. Attended TCU.
Height: 6’ 4’’
Weight: 215
Throws: L
Birthdate: 9/09/89

Fastball: Caine throws his fastball up to 95 mph and stays consistently at 92-93 mph. He shows acceptable arm side movement and his control is superior to that of his other pitches.

Changeup: Seems to lack control in the zone but has developed it well enough to be a legit threat. A very deceptive pitch that catches batters off balance. 79-80 mph.

Slider: An above average pitch that shows glimmers of potential. Needs work with locating it. Very short break at 84-85 mph.

Curve: Solid 12-6 movement that can drop right off the table. As with other pitches needs to learn to locate better as it can hang sometimes. 79 mph consistently.

Physical Description: A tall, sturdy, young man who is physically gifted. Multi sport athlete who could have gone on to play QB at the college level.

Poise: Shows a lot of heart out on the mound, takes over games and is willing to lead. Comes off as hard headed and sometimes over confident. Needs to mange the run game better.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I just couldn’t help but to scroll through the scouting reports to see what was being said. My brother, Robert, is a great player, no doubt, but lets add in what the scouting reports forgot to mention. First his curve is obvious and can be seen from a mile away. Second, he was a horrible QB, State Championship game shows that, three interceptions come on! Third, he never put the dishes away so who ever ends up living with this guy, be warned. Oh, extra information. I heard a rumor that he has a Gyroball, but we've never actually seen it.
All in all, Robert is a sold player (but a huge douche) he is expected to be drafted in the first four rounds. He also happens to be mom’s favorite so he is driving a new car right now. Me, I’m stuck with my 01 Honda. It gets sold gas mileage but has a tendency to repel women. Damn.
I will post Derek’s scouting report as soon as I find one that has at least one negative comment, same for mine as well, but I need to find one that has something good to say!