View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #68
jeffy777
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Well I can tell the difference already. I have only played 3 games, but things have moved in the right direction. I played 80 games in franchise last year on 360 and still have 2k10 on my pc.

1. It's pretty evident that if the difficulty level was higher, placing your pitch would not be as simple.

2. I love the hitting cam, and how it truly shows the play in real time after the ball is hit.

3. The fielding feels much smoother to me, and the OF circle was not overdone for outfielders based off of their ability( I was scared it would be)

4. The only time I saw any type of framedrop was a pop up straight behind the plate, and it was minimal(assuming this will not be an issue in the final build)

I am pretty pleased with the improvements so far, and am sure will be even more so when the retail version hits next week. This is not to say the game is perfect, as I still saw infielders sprinting back to their position and some overall little quirks in the players motions.
Thanks man, I value your opinion. I like what I'm hearing about the gameplay.

It's good to hear that the framerate drop is rare and only on fouls. It doesn't really sound like a big issue.