View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #77
krazak
Rookie

OVR: 0
Played 2 innings of the demo this morning.

1. I was pitching with Cain, and his line was 2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 Ks.
2. I had a couple pitches while pitching and batting that nicked the black of the strike zone and got called for balls (last year if it hit the black it was a strike 100% of the time).
3. I also had 3 hits through the 2 innings, all singles. It seems to be more realistic in that all 3 of my hits were fastballs that i was ahead of and pulled over the IF with a line drive. Last year it seemed like the majority of my hits were opposite field.
4. Very first groundball to 3B ate up Sandoval, and he wasn't able to recover in time to throw the guy out at first. It's cool to see, but i hope it isn't too obvious. Last i checked Sandoval isn't a 25% fielder, so he should still make the majority of plays.
5. I like the way the camera after the hit works, but there is no ball indicator, so it makes it hard to figure out if your ball is going to land, get into the gap, etc... Will take some getting used to.
6. I can't comment on fielding too much. It seemed like it was easier to react to grounders in the IF and try to make a play (dove for a ball between SS and 3B but missed, in 2K10 i hardly ever had time to dive).
7. They never hit a flyball in the 2 innings i've played so far, so i can't comment on that.
8. I gave up 2 singles to start the game, and Cain was rattled. Vibrated a little, but it's not like it was impossible to hit the zone. You just can't be as precise on the corners, but i was able to strikeout Hamilton.
9. Took a walk in my second AB, and worked several counts to 3 balls. Personally that's why i like having the pitcher farther away, it gives me more time to react and judge pitches. I've never been good at working counts and taking walks in other games (until MLB2K10).

Overall i'm really excited for the game. I don't own a PS3 (and i refuse to buy one for one game) so i can't compare it to the Show, but i really enjoyed MLB2K10 (despite its flaws), and i'm even more excited for MLB2K11.