View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #93
wcu25rs
Rookie

OVR: 1
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by selahsdaddy
I really disliked the demo...Oh course no commentary so no immersion factor....So much for "real pitch counts" as the CPU swings at ANYTHING close to the plate....I threw 7 pitches in two 1-2-3 innings vs the Rangers....Very disappointed
Ive had completely the opposite experience. Rarely have I seen the CPU chase balls that were even just slightly off the corners.

My take:

Overall, I love it. Let's keep in mind folks that this is just a demo. Quit complaining about no subs and no commentary. The point of this demo is to highlight gameplay. Hitting is taking some getting used to. I use classic batting and Ive yet to make real good contact on a ball, but I think default pitch speed is a bit different from last year so it just comes down to me having to adjust.

Love the new camera after a hit ball by the user controlled team. The updated fielding is also very well done. Ive already had an error because of me getting the throwing meter in the red. I'm also really liking the new way the outfield plays.

Pitching is great. I thought 2k10 was a bit too accurate, and this fixes that. You can still be accurate but not be absolute pinpoint which I think is unrealistic. Also, the analog stick inputs for pitches seem to be more accurate than last year. I remember that I would get bad gestures even when pitches were thrown correctly. Not so this year.

Downsides? Shadows are a bit jagged and sometimes after an inning or something the players dont seem to know where they are going in some instances. But honestly, this could just be a byproduct of this being a demo. Overall, this demo makes me feel confident that the final version is gonna be very well executed.