View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:32 AM   #128
JayhawkerStL
Banned

OVR: 0
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkeeper
I played 2 games, and have always been a 2k buyer until last year's glitches. I agree with 90% of the comments here, but one thing I noticed in just 5 1/2 innings was tHat there were 2 very unnatural fielding animations.

1) Torres laid down a bunt and Beltre charged it. He was all set up to do a David Wright-ish launch off 1 foot and peg the runner, until he stopped cold, set and threw very steadily to 1st...about a step and a half too late.

2) I hit a strong grounder upmthe middle and Renteria (is that the SF ss, geesh, can't remember) dove to his left and snared it - looked good so far - but then stood up, spun, moved to his back foot and did the Jeter move with the jump and throw. Again, about 2 steps late.

This concerned me.
You may be not hitting the right green area. There is a box close to the red in which the players will make more hurried throws. Beltre's is larger than most, but if you throw in the green before the box, he doesn't know you want to hurry.

It's a good system of risk vs. reward. If you try to make a hurried throw, you do risk going into the red and blowing it.