View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #131
Ltrain44
Rookie

OVR: 5
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

I don't think we know what difficulty this is on so remember that also when giving impressions. If you think the AI swung at everything maybe it's because it is on "pro".

Impressions

Hitting:

I love the hitting although with the new camera when the ball is hit into play I lose the ball when it is hit into the air but overall I like the feel of it. Maybe that is due to me playing on an SD TV or maybe because its a day game and that is what happens. I also love the new batters view, it makes it a lot easier to determine balls and strikes. Bat sounds are great also.

Pitching:

Nothing to complain about here. I found it more difficult to throw the ball where I wanted to and it would be even more of a challenge in a higher difficulty setting. This is probably on pro. Love the variable strike zone. Pitching overall seems very smooth.

Fielding:

I like the new ball indicator for fly balls, nice touch. The new meter is something I will get used to because it seems to fill up faster than the older one. Also not everyone has a rocket arm, you can really tell they worked on the ball physics when you throw the ball from outfield to a base, it kind of has a sailing effect. Also I saw a nice jump animation that looked really cool and the new tags are great.

Player models are hit and miss. Some look great, some look bland like always. They have had plenty of time to get all the popular players faces correct. They should start working on everyone else. Unless they have to redo them every year, I don't know.
Advertisements - Register to remove