View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #154
Mercury112491
All Star

OVR: 2
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

Just played 3 games each time with the Giants, each time with a different pitcher.

This first time playing I was mostly paying attention to the pitching and hitting.

The best thing I noticed was that all 3 pitchers I used pitched completely differently. Bumgardner(sp?) would miss his spots but only if my gestures were a bit off. If I got a max pitch he would always be near the correct location. However he definitely got hit the hardest of the 3. I even gave up a hit on a max pitch with him which I don't think I ever saw in last years game.

Zito on the other hand was pretty wild. Constantly missing his location even with perfect gestures. I walked two batters in a row trying to throw strikes.

Lincecum felt like he should, hitting corners, nasty breaking stuff.

One thing I noticed was that when the pitcher started to get rattled and my cursor was shooting around, it stayed that way even after making an out. In last years game you could load the bases with no outs get a pop out and your pitcher was settled down. Nice to see you have to work a bit more to get out of the inning.

I don't have much to say on the hitting because I love love love it. Everything about it feels right. Love the new hitting carmera just love everything about hitting.

The fielding definitely seems improved this year. I didn't see any bobbles but I did air mail two throws with Tejada. One thing I need to get used to is that I don't always need to get the meter in the "perfect" zone. Sometimes the animations work a lot better when you have a lot of time and just safely toss the ball over.

On the negative the transitions in the field still need work. Still too much snapping into the next animation and weird unnecessary throws.

Loving the outfield play though. Gave up a few inside the park homeruns because I'm loving being able to dive in a game again.

Saw a little of the framerate issues but it was only on foul balls...irritating none the less