View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #159
colbushi
Rookie

OVR: 2
re: MLB 2K11 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3/360)

I played for about two hours, first hour felt strange, as if something was missing. I guess is the camera angles. Animations aren't as good, specially in foul ball pop-ups, seems like the AI gets crazy to see which player will catch the ball.

Game froze twice when switching innings. Unfortunately one mayor glitch: ball hit hard to the wall, my player catch the ball but glove went through the wall and was called a home run. He didn't have to jump. Ball clearly in the glove and the circle to catch the ball was inside the ball park.

Initial line up lists looks smaller or something is wrong that makes them look bad compared to 2k10 (in my opinion).

Love the new fielding and catching system. Made a few errors first games, better to tap the bottom quick if there's time to throw the ball than going dark green all the time as in 2k10.

Pitching, I wonder if the empire makes bad calls. Pitches near the strike zone are sometimes strikes or balls. I think is very realistic. I didn't get same calls for similar or identical pitches when touching the corners of the strike zone. Sliders are harder to place in the strike zone, curve balls do a better job locating them in the corners than in 2k10.

Batting is what makes this baseball game great. Made a few home runs with Huff and Burrell. Hits are far more realistic and is a lot easier to run the bases to make doubles and triples. Even tagging from third is a lot easier as distance can be easily seen as well as ball trajectory.

Third and first base coaches stumble each time the ball passes close to them. Gets annoying. Hopefully they have more animations than stumbling to the ground. Some nice batting animations when letting the ball pass for a strike.

I hope game itself has a few more improvements. Looking forward for the perfect game, and hopefully no glitches to ruin it.