View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 01:32 AM   #26
RedZoneD25
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: WTFitsDaveyJ's Madden 11 Final Roster Re-Scaling Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I have seen a similar take on rosters in a forum for Madden 08 PC. It can make gameplay much better....but it may wreck havoc on simmed stats during the season. It also could have the unintended effect of making the AI drop players because their overall is not 'high enough' to justify the salary (i.e. the Pats release Brady in the offseason because he is only an 89).

I'm not trying to discourage you....I am all about innovation, it is just a friendly warning that it may not work out the way you want it to.
That's fair. I have previously stated this roster is for Play Now, and Season One of franchise only due to those exact potential issues. Other roster makers may be creating them for the long haul, and as much of a franchise junkie as I am, I'm creating this for the pick-up-and-play folks who want a solid game of football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
i see what you're sayin'.....not only that, if it can effect the outcome of games where it evens the playing field a bit and a team like the bills can beat a team like the steelers. i mean, receivers shouldn't catch everything and quarterbacks shouldn't complete everything....i get tired of scorefests sometimes. thanks for your efforts and i look forward to the completed roster.
This roster makes the studs play like studs, the duds play like duds, and the so-so play as such. You will definitely have a better chance to win with a better roster (as is the case in real life), but there is no bias involved when editing the attributes and in the end it still depends on user skill and knowledge. If you're the Bills, playing smart football, you could beat the Steelers...You'll just have to use the team to it's strengths and minimize their weaknesses. I see what you're saying though. Thanks for the kind words, and I'll definitely be excited to share the first game's results upon completion.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 03-02-2011 at 01:36 AM.