View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
l3ulvl
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Which 2k was best prior to 11? And why?

Add me to the 2k8 group. I still prefer that gameplay to the current style, but 2k11 does everything else better. Most people would probably disagree with me about the gameplay part, too, but it drives me crazy on 2k11 how the player movement works. I push left to nudge my defender in that direction and he either doesn't move at all or takes 3 steps and puts himself in terrible position. Also, when I have the ball I can't really dribble around much or some defender will bump into me and cause me to slowly gather myself. It's annoying but oh well.

It seems the game now is all about premeditation and knowing what you're going to do before you do it. It's not so much about read and react anymore because your reaction takes place on the screen a delayed second or so after you've made the move. Like pump fakes. If I throw it low to a guy and pump fake, holy crap it might take 3 seconds before the pump fake is actually attempted, and I have to guess whether the defender will bite or not because if I wait and see, he'll land and jump/defend again by the time my player actually begins his shot/move.

Sorry for the rant, 2k11 is a very solid game but these minor issues irritate me and I haven't figured a way to adjust my sliders to help out.