View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
d11king
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
The My Player mode in NBA 2K IMO is the best Be-A-Player mode of the games I've played, (MLB2K, Madden, NCAA Football). But to be honest I stopped playing my player because I only used him until I got him at a 98 overall. But we also have to keep in mind this is the 2nd year of the My Player game mode from NBA2K and compared to 2K10 this one made a HUGE improvement, but there still are lapses. I got drafted to the Thunder and it seems like Kevin Durant misses every shot he takes even if WIDE open, if James Harden touches the ball, if I don't call for the pass, he will shoot it no matter what, and of course just the whole feel of, I feel like I'm just playing basketball games instead of actually feeling what's it's like to be a basketball player.

My favorite Be-A-Player mode would have to be NCAA Football. I liked that feature where you would have to get quizzed on certain class subjects or even college football stuff. I think they took it out, now the High School playlets are pretty cool, and the Road to Glory with Erin Andrews, and unlike the rest of the games, you don't come in as an automatic starter and have to earn (practice) your spot for example being a RB and choosing USC, how hard it is to become the starter because you're behind 4 guys. I like realism. In no way is my 43 overall power forward going to take Chris Bosh's starting spot 2 weeks into the season.

Some be-a-player modes are okay, but I believe 2k is headed into the right direction.