Old 03-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
theDude47
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Rating templates by position

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
On another note, I've always thought that things like Pass Rush Bonus don't just affect the specific player to which it is assigned. For example, I've noticed many times when I have a DL with Pass Rush that my Generics generally get after the QB more and the higher tiered the Legend, the more affective the Generics get. My Legend with PRB won't rack up as many sacks, but the team will and I'll notice the QB get rattled more. Where as Sack Master goes on to benefit the specific Legend more and also negatively affects the OL who's assigned to block him.

I bet there are some super complex formulas and programming associated with the Ability system.
Part of this could be explained by the CPU focusing on your star defensive lineman and double teaming him leaving the generics one on one with the O-line. That's one thing that I love about this game. The CPU will figure out who is your best player on the D-line and will do what they can to stop them. They might give up some sacks to a generic or two, but they are picking their best and most sim option.