View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
Blazzen
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Blazzen's MLB 2K11 Slider's

Another game, bumped cpu and user infield/outfielder speed up by 5 points to 25 each.

Phillies 5
Braves (me) 4

Oswalt vs. Jurrjens

Offense:
Braves 8 singles, 1 triple, 1 homerun, 2 walks
Phillies 7 singles, 2 doubles, 2 triples, 2 walks

Pitching
Braves 45 balls, 75 strikes, 2 walks
Phillies 35 balls 71 strikes, 2 walks

Phillies got to Jurrjens early. He gave up 5 runs on 8 hits and 2 walks in 4 innings, though only 3 were earned (untimely error, next batter got 2 run single). Rodrigo Lopez came in long relief and gave up 3 hits no runs in 3 innings and Moyland Pitched a scoreless 8th.

Oswalt was lights out, pumping in strikes. I couldn't work the count because he wasn't throwing any balls, mixed speeds and locations was nasty. Then in the 8th he walked McClouth and Jones back to back with 2 outs. McCann came up and Cranked a 3 run homer.

9th inning and in comes the closer Madson. Bottom of the order up, Gonzalez grounds out, Freeman strikes out, pinch hitter Mather comes up. Hit a liner in the right center gap and got in with a triple without a throw. I think outfielder arms or something will have to be increased, triples too easy to come by. Anyways, Prado singles him in to make it a 1 run game with 2 outs. I sub in Jordan Schafer and steal second easily off of Madson and his slow delivery. Unfortunately Nate McClouth grounds out on the next pitch and the game is over with the tying run left on second base.

Another great game really. Again, I felt like I really squared about 5 balls up on Oswalt with power swings that ended up in fly outs. The home run I hit with McCann was on the outside corner belt high and was an opposite field homer. I had batters eye light up with pitches in the middle of the plate with good timing I flew out on and hit that opposite fielder without batters eye and it was on the corner. Guess it could've been because Oswalt was getting tired.

Maybe some further tweaks to inf/outfielder speed and outfielder arms will be necessary but other than that this game is playing solidly. This year the default sliders are probably the best they've ever been.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

Last edited by Blazzen; 03-10-2011 at 08:44 PM.