View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
Blazzen
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Blazzen's MLB 2K11 Slider's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nld230
My advice, if you want, since I am also using 40/40 for user contact/power.... user hits are okay, the home runs require a bit of effort.

What I've been doing is using the directional stick along with the power swing. The power swing without the directional stick often, for me, results in popups and some line drives, but not many home runs.

I wouldn't be so quick to jump ship. I managed to hit 4 homers with Pujols, two with Rasmus, one with Berkman, and one with Holliday in about 12 games. The real problem will be if the low power guys ever get one out of the park.
Braves really only have 1 true power hitter (Uggla). I hit a home run with Uggla last game and I also hit one to the track with Brooks Conrad from the left side of the plate where he's only got 63 power. Also hit one with McCann a game or two ago. Think thats 2 home runs in 4 games, that's not horrible.

I think my timing is just bad at the plate right now. I think the pitch speed might be a little slow so when I get a good pitch to hit I'm out in front of it (even fastballs) and when I try to compensate for this and wait on the good pitches I'm waiting too long. Just going to take a little more practice I suppose. This is the first night I've really played several games in a row.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes