View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #28
guaps
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Does player height or weight in Madden matter at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
The lengths that people go to in order to defend this game is Maddening, all pun intended. People have, on film, shown below average offensive line holding their own against elite defensive lineman. People have shown QB's and 300 lbs. safeties ( Rick Noankeles) being effective in the secondary; it's mind boggling that people would try to defend those things.
People have always defended the game like crazy. However, with M11 it seems that it has become more acceptable to criticize the game. People had some harsh remarks if you illustrated flaws back in M10, but with M11 they aren't as negative. At least not all of them.

Back on topic. One of the first games of M11 I played convinced me to trade in the game. I played as the Ravens against the Browns (CPU). It played ok initially, but after some plays I got discourage. I saw receiver being smashed from the side only to see them fall forward. Running backs getting an extra 4-5 yards because a clumsy tumble animation had started etc. etc.

However, the play that made me give up on M11 was a 60+ yard running TD play where Jerome Harrison (205 lbs) stiff-armed Haloti Ngata (350 lbs), had multiple defenders, including Ray Lewis, bounce off the tackle by Terrell Suggs (260 lbs), broke off and ran 60+ yards

To answer in short:
  • Weight don't matter at all.
  • Height to some degree, but because all animations are universal both tall and short players play the same.
  • Ratings matter somewhat, but not a great deal. Once the game have decided on a certain animation, you have have a 6'7", 380 lbs, 99 strength player that is being pushed around like a baby trolly.

Last edited by guaps; 03-17-2011 at 05:58 PM.