View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #8
Meyeke
Rookie

Meyeke's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Seattle Mariners 2011 OS Full Minors Discussion

Nice nice..

Yeah, having only 90 spots makes for an interesting crossroads when deciding who to add or subtract.
Are spring training crew w/non-roster invites makes it trickier still.
Adam Kennedy will most likely make the team.
But someone like Denny Bautista or Justin Miller I can see being cut and ultimately signing with another team.
But you know, with the player vault this year, we have the ability to store the extra players for later.
For example, I'm thinking about exporting Nate Robertson and keeping him around as a saved player file.
That might be the best way to duplicate a D.L. stint in this game.
Veteran insurance policy-type players could also be done this way as well.
They don't need any farm-time to progress and get ready, so it wouldn't hurt to just sort of... leave them in "suspended animation" on the hardrive until you need to "call them up".
I can see how prospects take precedence on the 90 player list for sure.. I'm just also thinking we could end up seeing guys like Sean Kazmar or Luis Rodriguez at some point during the season. I mean, they were assigned to AAA Tacoma afterall.

Whew! Talk about a mental exercise. My brain hurts now.

I looked up those 4 guys I didn't recognize and you're right.. they should be included.
They are not listed on any minors rosters *currently*...but if they're the future, then they're the future, and they should be included.
It would be awesome to edit in the exact rosters for AAA and AA, but I just don't see how it's possible given the limitation of only having 90 spots.
Chris Gimenez is on the AAA roster yet it might be more practical to exclude from the OSFM sets since he likely has no future with the M's after this year.

And as for salaries.. it's probably not that important of a detail since the margin of difference is still relatively small. We're not talking milliondollar+ contracts here.
And I noticed SCEA gets this stuff wrong themselves. Bedard is at like 3-4 million in the game when in reality he signed on for only 1 million this year. It was his way of manning up to the free pay check he received last on DL. Classy guy.
I think Jack Wilson is off by a couple million as well. So oh well to that I guess. lol
Definitely not worth changing now.. matching salaries up is not an easy fix and you'd have to go back and redo a lot of work.
I doubt anybody else working on the other teams tried to match salaries up accurately. Seems like there was some collective tunnel vision, using the potential rating as primary criteria when selecting a template player to alter.
So no worries mang. I do want to run it past knight though and see what he thinks and who knows, maybe we can work that in for next year?

I'm out of town and busy this weekend, but I'll be checking in all next week for sure.
I'm stoked that the Mariners are being represented so well.
**** Yeah, Baby!!