View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Millennium
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Patience at the plate is one thing. But the CPU has two other major factors to walk you: your discipline rating and how much the fear you.

CpU will walk you more if you have a higher plate discipline rating. Not by a huge margin, but you definitely see more balls.

Also the cpu gets your tendencies down. If you swing early a lot they'll throw more balls early in the count. If you always watch the first pitch they will throw a first pitch strike more. Try to switch up your approaches in the game. If you want that the first pitch in your first at bat try to take a pitch or two in your second. If you took pitches for your first couple of bats come to the third at bat ready for a fastball down the middle.

I know I said 2 things but there is 1 other factor. Fear. I have a power hitting third baseman and as soon as he became the cleanup hitter I started seeing more balls. Try to remember what your role is in the lineup. As a 4 hitter my job is to protect the top 3 in the lineup. It makes me more apt to swing at a 3-0 fastball. The cpu pitches to you as your role is defined. Search try to realize what your job in the lineup is and he will start hitting better and taking more walks in the right situations.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!