Old 03-22-2011, 06:29 PM   #13
pirates946
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Hurry up offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavar
Although not totally along your lines I too have a big gripe about clock management.

The cpu/ai has no clue about time of possession. Every team comes out of the huddle at the 30 second mark on the playclock, they normal snap the ball at the 25-22 seconds thus not using about 20 seconds, your lucky that this year they may fake hike every now and then.

I watched one of my dvd's the other day of Texas Tech vs Texas. Tech as we all know ran a no huddle aggressive pass system, yet even with the no huddle they still took their time to line up bark out signals and make adjustments. Not once did I see them snap the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock, alot of times it was under 10 before the snap. But in this game everything is a hurry up.

The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, but it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

What the cpu/ai is running is a 2 minute offense not a no huddle offense there is a difference.
I didnt think of it that way but thats a very good point. And like you said along witha few other people. There is a difference between no-huddle and hurry up and hopefully, maybe EA got the two seperated and figured out.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die