bluengold34_OS
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Official NASCAR The Game 2011 - QnA session

Quote:
Originally Posted by neifro
A couple quick questions:

1. In the HUD settings are there options to turn of the visual draft lines, points for passing, track map, cars around you, ect.... basically can you turn off/on everything on your HUD?

From what I can see so far, only thing I could turn off was the draft wake

2. How does the damage model look? Are there different settings ( arcade, min,realistic). How touchy is the damage on its most realistic( even if im super clean in a race, am I going to finish with a beat up ride because the damage model is so touchy)?

The damage is not overdone at all. In fact , when it happens on the track its hardly noticeable to the eye. When they show the replay, you notice it, and see debris on the track. I wish it was more noticeable as it occurs, but overall...its not over the top, like some had feared. It looks really nice, but if you run a clean race, you car pretty much reflects that.

3. On pit stops is there any indication that the cpu will be pitting too at the time? It would be nice (spotter) to give you a heads up so if your running towards the front of a race at the end and its one of those times were you think should I or should I not pit. You decide to pit and nobody else comes with you and your stuck on a restart in 40th with 10laps to go.
The only time my spotter has mentioned anything about itting, is when he said " the leader is pitting now". The nice thing is, from what I have seen, is that it gives you a second or two before he actually pulls off the track towadrs the bottom. So there is a little notice, but not much.