View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #26
TNT713
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 12 For $39.99? (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Imo if ever there was a year for them to do a run-in-the-mill update, this is it. If the NFL labor situation goes into the season there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans/consumers out there and I'm sure anything NFL-related is going to take a hit. So doesn't seem like it makes sense to pick this year to push the envelope if there's already going to be decreased interest in the game. If there are less sales it'll likely be written off as an anomally because of the situation. But I do agree that there are a lot of us that feel Madden needs genuine change/genuine innovation, not just the year-to-year band-aiding of core issues.
The 2nd Tuesday in August is the New Years on my calendar. I look forward to my own birthday less. Madden's release and NFL opening day are holidays at my house - complete with it's own festive music and cuisine.

I'd have to guess that anyone that is less inclined to buy Madden because of a lockout - wasn't too inclined to have it in the first place.

I'll bet dollars to donuts that the same guys I saw last year at midnight will be shelling out $60 for Madden. Because for us, there is no such thing as "less interest in football."

Later

P.S. I forgive those who aren't as interested in Madden. My prayers are with you.