View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:54 PM   #62
mkharsh33
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

A few responses...

- regarding fouls: I think it's a personal gameplay style. Since making this change I've found them to be near spot-on. I use the PG probably 80% of each defensive possession and use my left trigger to help with my positioning. You cannot jump and use the Y button to block each time. Not saying anyone is doing anything wrong or that I'm some genius, but what I'm providing (as is every slider creator) is a base set for you to tweak to your style of play. I think the parameters are set in place... I will not make any more changes unless there is extensive critiques. I fear if the fouls are lowered then we're going to see those games in which each team takes only 12 or 14.

- regarding bumping (ie "suction"): IMO, if you start lowering on ball defense then you can cheese the defender at will. It's a video game - not perfect. Yes, there is bumping, but with the guards who are solid you can get to the hoop.

For example: I was running a test game with my 92-93 rosters that are nearing completion (shameless plug). I had Scott Skiles running the point for the Magic and he was able to break down his man at times using the right thumb stick moves. Now, when Litterial Green came in - yikes!!! My offense got stagnant and I had trouble scoring the ball. Guys...that's called reality. Not every PG can beat his man. Nor can every small forward. I want guys to play differently. I don't want to see Frank Johnson breaking down his man off the dribble like Kevin Johnson (Suns team).

Tweak to your liking, but I don't want to change something that I'm not personally seeing. Trust me... I'm an average to below average gamer. But maybe I'm in the minority when I say this: the best sliders out there are the ones that let me LOSE. I played a game the other night (Orlando - me vs. Timberwolves - cpu). Shaq had 31 points and kept me in the game. When my reserves came in I saw an 8 point lead turn into a 10 point deficit. But the 93 Orlando reserves were dreadful. I was down by 4 with 2 minutes to play and ended up losing by 10 (120 - 110). Yeah, I was a little miffed, but it felt VERY rewarding. Just like in real NBA games, I had my chances and could not capitalize.

I'm not trying to talk down to anyone or act like a know-it-all... Just asking you to tweak to your personal style and recognize that it's a video game and it has flaws. If we want reality, we head outside and play bball with our friends.