View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
SENS_AK27
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: A Return to Glory - The Ottawa Senators Rebuilding Dynasty (NHL 2011)

August 31st, 2011

On the last day before the roster freeze went into affect, new interim GM Guy Ladouche' made some trades and dove into the free agency pool.

TRADES:

Ottawa acquired a 2011 1st Round Pick
Colorado acquires (RW) A.Kovalev and a 2012 2nd Round Pick

Ottawa acquired a 2011 1st Round Pick
Edmonton acquires (D) C.Campoli and a 2013 2nd Round Pick

Ottawa acquires (D) C.White
New Jersey acquires (C) C.Kelly

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:

Ottawa signed (C) P.O'Sullivan to a 1 year Contract worth $1.025M
Ottawa signed (RW) R.Nilsson to a 2 year contract worth $0.975M

Now the speculation is that Kovalev was immediately on the chopping block after his performance last season with the team. He did not impress fans with his lazy work ethic and willingness to play only when he wanted to play. He definitely didn't fit into the mold as a Ladouche' type of player. It was interesting to see that Colorado was willing to give up a 1st rounder for him but I guess after last years playoff success they figure they need to win now be acquiring the right pieces.

Campoli to Edmonton seems like a good fit, he is a young skilled defenseman something that Edmonton needs and Ottawa has an abundance on. The question is, was he worth a 1st rounder?

Lastly, the Kelly for White trade seems fair. This summer Devils GM Lamerillo made no qualms that he wasn't happy with Colin White and was seriously entertaining offers all through the summer. I guess Kelly is the gritty center the team was looking for and was willing to make that trade.

So what do you think of the trades made so far? Or the free agent signings. Feel free to leave your comment on our website:

http://osatwork.com/forums/showthrea...post2042250229

What I plan on doing for this dynasty is having all discussion about my GM's player trades and signing going on in a separate topic, kind of like how ESPN and TSN has a comment section to their news articles, you can agree with the columnist or disagree with his comments as long as it's about anything going on in the game. Feel free to comment on the dynasty as a whole or how I am doing in this thread.
GLES - USC