View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
Phobia
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Play

I wanted to comment that I think the hex editor has done more harm than good. Here is why...
  • Jacked up rated Generics with no way of knowing
  • To many ways to hide changes and cheats to a team
  • Lobby play is now useless if you plan on using standard 2-3-6 balanced star system

Now the way I see it is like this. APF will never look exactly like the NFL teams and just names does little to draw in extra immersion.

Staying with NFL2k5 and updated rosters would be the correct route. Sure APF has refined the gameplay some. But what you lose in gameplay from NFL2k5 you GREATLY make up for it in amazing presentation, DEEP franchise mode, Crib, Weekly training, TRUE NFL TEAMS, Chris Berman, Suzy Kolber, Post week highlights, etc etc.

Now I say this while looking at both sides of this story. I know everyone wants to enjoy the NFL teams on APF gameplay. But NFL2k5 gameplay is not very far off from APF. Plus you get the real looking NFL teams + a Franchise mode you can actually go through seasons (plural).

While APF biggest strong point was the extremely balanced online system. The game did not come with a franchise mode so the core foundation of the game was having a strong online component. Which has been ruined because now users can edit and tweak the game to a level which many would be considered CHEATING.

I applaud what was done and I to was excited for the feature. But after witnessing the ramifications of the Hex editor. I honestly wish it was never created. Just one football gamers perspective!

Last edited by Phobia; 03-28-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove