Old 03-28-2011, 05:38 PM   #7
Phobia
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Hex Editor Ruined Lobby Pl*y

Quote:
Originally Posted by c*tc*tch22
*re there people who go online *nd j*ck up their st*ts, ye*h. However those were the s*me people who did *ll the glitches *nd exploits in the g*me since d*y 1.

Now obviously you c*n pl*y *g*inst "those" kinds of people but I don't which is *nother re*son why the g*me f*iled online.

I r*rely pl*yed online even before the editing *nd since I h*ve only pl*yed in * le*gue or *g*inst the *I. 2K5 even with extensive r*tings *djustments (believe me I h*ve tried everything) does not even comes close to *ll Pro.

I c*n underst*nd th*t people will pl*y * "lesser" mode or "de*l" with we*ker g*mepl*y due to not h*ving * choice but I for one c*n't. If it is no good or been surp*ssed I move on to something else. This w*s the c*se with 2K5 *nd m*ny other g*mes I supported with sliders, rosters *nd such over the ye*rs on OS sp*nning m*ny, m*ny ye*rs.
The default APF there was only a small number of exploits. Hot Corner and bunny hopping........I know I am missing 1 or 2. But there w*s VERY little in regards to the *mount of exploits the Hex brings to the table. That I don't even think is debatable.

I also agree 2k5 comes short in terms of gameplay to APF. APF refined the 2k5 engine. But when you are comparing editing a entire game to "mimic" NFL teams when you can play a game out the box released by the same developer which does a great job with the NFL license. Then add to the fact APF only allows you to play one season, the shallowness of APF in terms of Offline is very noticeable.

I agree with your stance on moving on to a better product. But that is part of my issue. I HAD the better product in default APF. But now with the ability for anyone to edit the game to be better than anything I can make takes the game I love and makes it "so so", because now online play has been tarnished.

APF remained the greatest online football game. The balance, the difference in players, the legends, etc. Now it has removed most of these great things and in their place implemented "substandard" replacements. So like you said, "If it is no good or been surpassed I move on to something else." This is how I feel *bout the once great APF Online.

Last edited by Phobia; 03-28-2011 at 05:45 PM.