View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #110
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Appreciate the feedback! Understand that I'm no expert...not even close. But I've played with a ton of these sliders that I have a bit of a feel for them. For you I would suggest: lower the on-ball defense by 10 (of which I believe would drop that slider value down to 60). What that does is stop some of the "suction" animations and allow you space to create.

Be aware that this can also (IMO) create an issue where top point guards can blow by their opponent with too much ease, therefore cheesing the game.

You might also (option 2) is turn up your user strength by 5 or 10... That would enable your picks to be more effective. But again, that opens the door to cheese the pick-and-roll. One of my gripes about NBA 2K8 is that it was an awesome game in how it flowed and player cuts didn't feel as "stilted" but you could abuse the pick-and-roll.

DAN: I checked my user VIP... I've played nearly 100 games now. I'm proud to announce that I've won 34 of them... LOL!! many of them were done for "testing" purposes, but still...
I need to check my record. Last time I looked at my VIP (love that feature, both in NBA and MLB 2K), I believe I was right around .500. I'd imagine I'm still in that ballpark.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)