View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #7
donkey33
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: SvR 2011 vs LOWM vs WWE All Stars

I'm a little in the same boat. Was a fan 10 years or so and nothing from this next gen interest me. Saw some of the latest Smackdown games and they are just too boring and the rosters are ugh given I'm more an old school wrestling fan.

All Stars is fun but I like a more sim experience. Best fun I have now and to this day is still with No Mercy on the 64 and Smackdown Here Comes The Pain on the PS2.

HCTP has the best roster for me personally and I like how I can edit the season mode to include wrestlers I want in it (including CAWs). I actually picked up an Action Replay recently and found all these codes for it and have set it up nicely. Edited move sets and attributes that can't be edited normally and with attributes, the Action Replay allows for a great scale (10 max in game but 100 max rating in Action Replay) so I can get some really good lengthy matches when the Wrestlers durability is set right and I get some good variation using a slightly bigger than 10 scale.

I know that doesn't help for next gen but I just can't play any of the new release games so I stick to the older classics.