Old 04-14-2011, 06:33 PM   #104
Kaiser Wilhelm
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Lawsuit Against EA Sports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
I'm sick of is this a monopoly or isn't it? Is this that or is it this?

We shouldn't be sticking up for EA as gamers or whatever the courts/law says is right. We should rally together to take down EA for the better of the GAMING INDUSTRY! I highly doubt everyone wants 1 NFL game for the rest of our lives to choose from. Think about that one. I'm 26 right now, I still don't want the only option of Madden when I'm 36, 46, etc. and I'm sure our children will think the same.

Gamers deserve options, no matter the game. How many Call of Duty/Battlefield/Socom type games are there? How many companies can create an NBA game? We have options when it comes to these things in gaming. It should be no different than NFL. That's the entire point.

Take me to law school and tell me how ridiculous I sound because what I say would never hold up in the courtroom. I don't care! This is freedom. The right to choose. All we have is the right to choose to buy or not and personally and I think I speak for most when I say that's not enough.

Thank you for reading my rant.

James

Never ever ever compare Call of Duty with Socom! EVER!

Socom is (was) an amazing state of the art thrid person shooter that actually took skill, tactics and communication and had one of the greatest communities on the planet.

Call of Duty is some arcady little kids game that requires little to no skill, no communication, no tactics and has a really bad console gaming community (though it may be larger). I left out the Computer gaming community for CoD because I have not had any CoD PC experience.

Sadly CoD somehow found its way into Socom 4 which is very depressing and infuriating. Damn you zipper.

Ok I'm done.

Ok EA is a monopoly on the video gaming market. FACT! End of story.

The real question is, if the market "Football gaming" (or whatever fancy technical terms you want to use) is the market in question. EA bought the rights of the NFL, NCAA and AFL licenses and it removed all competition from the market. I'm no lawyer and am not an expert on Sherman laws, but that to me seems fairly anti-competitive.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.