View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #7
RGiles36
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Consecutive hit/branching tackles this year or next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsReality
Keeping in mind NCAA introduced locomotion (momentum based movements and speed) and Madden had it as well and adembroski kind of confirmed that momentum based tackling is in this year for NCAA which means it'll be in Madden too.

Is it safe to say we'll be getting what we've been craving for... I don't know since they REMOVED it after Madden 08 for reasons unknown?
I'm curious to learn more and see it. I'm not expecting something to knock my socks off. But hopefully what's implemented allows guys to seamlessly add on to the tackle, and also contribute to more visually appealing animations.

I think a trend we're starting to see with EA's football games is ripping out old code, and building brand new pieces in its place. I think that with M10, although they stuffed a lot features/fixes into that game, they tried to create a sim game within the framework of what was already there. I think that they realized (as did the fans) that building on top isn't going to exactly cut it. So it seems to achieve the desired results, they're having to destroy & rebuild certain parts of the gameplay, one piece at a time.

We saw the re-write to run blocking last year, which I thought was relatively good. From conversations had at CD last year, I know they'd like to take a similar approach to pass blocking. The question with that would be when (hopefully with M12).

And if this presumably new momentum tech takes the place of Pro-Tak, I think this will be more evidence that perhaps the shortcuts (for lack of better word) of M10 are giving way to new code built from the ground up.