View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
BlueNGold
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: If you could spend a day with NHL12...

2 things.

Improved AI from both the opposing CPU AI and teammate AI - I wouldn't want to see players being scared of the blueline any more when entering the offensive zone. I'd be looking for better player movement in the neutral zone because right now it seems the AI is always hesitating on what to do in there. There should be better puck support on both sides, especially when there is board play being used. Also the CPU AI should be much stingier when you're trying to enter the offensive zone or when you're behind their goal line and trying to skate the puck out in front. And finally I'd be looking to see that the AI is just more aggressive in general (going after the puck, pressuring, getting pucks on net, etc).

Be A GM improvements - Here I'd be looking for an improvement to the sim engine when it comes to stats at the end of the year, better logic when it comes to awards (mainly the Hart trophy), make sure the RFA/FA issues from the past few years are gone, check to see if we are able to view box scores from around the league and if we have the ability to play any game, and the biggest thing I'd be looking for is just a better sense of the fact you're in a 30 team league. Right now Be A GM feels like it's just you and your team with not much else going on. I'd hope there's an actual atmosphere around the league now, like something similar to NBA 2K's Association Mode.