View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #12
BigSho31
Rookie

OVR: 1
I 100% agree with everything in this article. I'm a 30 year old husband, father of a two year old, with a professional career. I remember when I was in high school, all we ever did was play madden, ncaa (basketball and football), and mortal kombat like it was our job. I then went to college and i dominated madden and ncaa. I remember buying all the preseason college magazines and taking a week or so to name all the players. Then online came about and you could either get a memory card that somebody else did and then all you had to do was download it from someone else. That is the ONLY way I use online gaming. I don't have time in my life to invest in an online gaming culture that's so far beyond what I'm trying to do which is sit down, relax, NOT HAVE TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW, and play for an hour or so. I've tried online dynasty for the last couple years and I've yet to play a game where it doesn't have significant lag.

For those of us with new priorities and responsibilities, online gaming is just not an option.