View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
ambizytl
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Am I the only one that has these problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgil
First off, let me give you some background. I've played every 2K baseball games released. I play atleast 2 full seasons of franchise every year. I've pitched a perfect game and put up runs in the upper 30's. I only say this so that I don't hear any "you're just new to the game and there is a learning curve."

With that being said, I can barely get through a single game without wanting to rip the disc out. Here's what i'm running into, yet don't seem to see anyone else having these problems, which is equally frusturating:

1) Players will throw the ball to the wrong base, consistently. And no, I'm not hitting buttons ahead of time. I have missed so many double plays or simple ground ball outs because they throw the ball to home. It's infuriating to have an easy out given away.

2) Homeruns being snagged by the other team. Atleast 2 a game where they perform some awesome wall climb. And on the replays, the player somehow magically phases through the wall.

3) Balls-Strikes. I have so many pitches that, while on the corner, is clearly in the strike zone box, and get called Balls. It's really pathetic how often. If this is meant to be a reflection of sometimes having a bad ump, then how do you turn it off.

4) Ground ball double plays to my SS. I want to run the ball over second and then have the SS throw to 1st. The guy just glitches out trying to run over the bag and I miss both outs. Once, he threw the ball to the 2nd baseman on his own.

5) Opposing hitting. I'm just plain getting lit up. The other teams are putting balls in play that are almost impossible to hit. In key situations, I will intentionally put the ball in the dirt only to have the other team slap the ball into the opposite field.

That's all I got. But those 5 things are completely ruining the game for me. Anyone else having anything close to this happening to them?
I've had the same thing happen to me, but not consistently. I know it's not the controller. When it does happen, seems to me the CPU wants to get a rally going. In my case, this is, fortunately, a rare occurrence.