View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #141
Gamblin79
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Just played my first game since the patch and what a game. I played the MLB Today game as the Rangers vs Royals. I won the game in a nailbiter 1-0.

The AI batter logic has definitely improved. On a couple of occasions I made good pitches out of the zone on pitcher's count and the AI was willing to swing.

The framerate issue on foul balls has been fixed and the game plays much more smoothly overall. This includes no more wonky animations in the outfield where the player looked like Gumby making the catch. The jagged shadows are less pronounced.

The most impressive thing I saw gameplay wise in this particular game was what happened in the late innings. The game was 0-0, I had a man on 1st and 2nd with no outs in the inning. Julio Borbon was up and I decided to attempt the SAC bunt. A decent bunt was put down towards the 1st base side a bit closer to the 1st baseman than the pitcher. Instead of making the easy play at 1st the AI gunned it to 3rd for the close play. The AI got the out at 3rd. My point being, the AI was situationally aware.

This game was a 7/10 in my book prior to the patch, but now I would give it an outstanding 9/10.

I'm glad 2k didn't rush this patch out the door. Thanks for a great product. I will be having hours of fun playing this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove