View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #1
buckeye02
Banned

OVR: 31
Icon1 buckeye02 & Gatorbait's NCAAF 12 Rosters (PS3)

First off let me start off by saying that we enjoy doing these rosters every year. Even if it does consume our lives for a week, takes 100+ man hours, and 8,000+ players. We've been editing rosters since NCAAF 2002 for PS2 and this will be our 4th year in a row to post the rosters publicly.

These rosters will be available under a secret PSN name so that the releasing of the rosters will not be an issue. (unlike NCAAF 10)

I am posting here at OperationSports, Gator is posting at The Gaming Tailgate.
FOLLOW GATOR HERE: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2633-GatorBait-amp-Block-O-Rosters-Thread(PS3)/page2

Currently the plan is to receive the game 1-2 weeks prior to the release date just to work on the rosters....thats it. We won't even look at gameplay or any other new feature until the rosters are complete. As usual we will be working around the clock sleeping in shifts. (i think last year i got 12 hours of sleep in a 6 day period)

This year we are going a little more in depth than in previous years by adding dreadlocks to all players that are suppose to have them. This is where the OS community comes in to play a big role for us. I believe to make things quicker.....we will edit players that have dreads after all of the names on every team are finished. Won't be putting dreads on players who have small dreads or cornrows sticking out the back helmet. Long to medium-long will be adjusted accordingly. Pending on how early we get the game.....we could be done at or before the official release date. So when the release date comes we can take your corrections if EA didnt add dreads to the right players. We want to know who needs dreads and who has dreads that need to be taken off. This will be in a seperate thread from this one so it will be easier to keep up with. I'll also be updating the first couple of posts of the thread alphabetically by team.

This is what we will be editing for each team. Names, height,weight, dreads, coaches, transfers, freshman, and minor rating changes.

Another way the community can help is by listing transfered/suspended players in its seperate themed thread. That thread will also be kept up with alphabetically by team name. If you list a player that has transfered, we want to know where that player has transfered too. When we edit those players that have transfered or have been suspended, we will replace that player with an upper-classman that failed to make the game or a freshman. If we chose to use a freshman, we will use Rivals.com and Scout.com as a source for star ratings. So if a 4* freshman didnt make the game for whatever reason. That player would make the team before a 3* freshman...etc

Note: YOU DO NOT NEED TO ADD US TO YOUR PSN FRIENDS LIST TO GET THE ROSTERS. You also don't need to ask permission to download the roster. You would be surprised how many people message us asking for rosters, and how you download them.

Here is how you download the roster via EA locker:

1. Go to your EA locker and select download

2. You will see a list of names from your PSN friends list. At the very top of the list you will see....insert user name. (or something along those lines)

3. You will then type in the secret PSN name or buckeye02

4. When the download is complete, you will need to save the roster to your console.

5. Once you have saved the roster you then need to go file management and load the roster.

From that point on you should have the names in your roster management screen and can enter any game mode that allows edited rosters.

Im hoping that the roster people over at EA Sports make our job a lot easier this year. The past few years have been pretty brutal by having seniors that graduated last year still in the game, black players being white, and white players being black.

This year i'm not answering PM's or E-mails. With the additions of 3 coaches per team, and editing dreadlocks....the normal work load is a little heavier this year. Answering questions just seems to take away from the editing process. I still will give updates throughout the thread and on Twitter about whats going on and our progress.

We truly believe that rosters should be absolutely free, but if you feel the need to show gratitude toward the work that we do, than be our guests. My paypal will be listed at the bottom of my posts throughout this thread.

Teams Left

UL Lafayette
UNLV
Utah State

All teams complete

UPDATED - 7-18:
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Sadly the new thread didnt go up last night. I think we severly over estimated the ammount of work that was left. We did get a bunch of edits done after all of the teams were named. Like.....every player listed in the dread thread now has dreads in our roster file.

I'm back at my house and have to go back to the real world today. Gator has the file and will continue to make edits later today. I can't give you guys an ETA because the amount of editing left is still unknown and i dont want to push back aanother ETA.

As the roster file sits right now.....it is good enough to satisfy almost everyone, but thats not why we are doing them. We want the fans of the smaller schools to be just as impressed with the work put in as the Texas', Notre Dame, and the Alabama's of the world.

I just ask for you guys to be patient. We do have a roster file.....and it is awesome.

Last edited by Pared; 07-18-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove