View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #16
PikeJR23
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Coach ratings are not in.

I disagree...I think this is better than nothing. Also, in the link you posted it said the two ratings you can edit for coaches is prestige and job security. That will make a tremendous difference. In NCAA 11 guys like Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer and Mack brown would lose their jobs for no reason at all. Hopefully with job security this is eliminated. Also guys like Rich Rod last year would go 8-4 and not be fired b/c the game didn't know that Rich Rod in real life was already on the hot seat at a prestigous school, so he wouldn't be fired.

Also the guy said that prestige is kind of like an overall rating of a coach so it will make a difference if we are able to establish who the elite coaches are (Saban, Stoops, Miles, Brown, Tressel, etc.) and who are the guys who shouldn't be considered at top tier schools. Also, with the addition of alma mater I'm assuming that this will have weight in the way college hire the next coach which is realistic. In the videos everything is generic as far as coaches/coordinators go so once we put in the realistic coaches/coordinators we may see less randomness. Because in the videos I see there are ALOT of generic A+ coordinators which there really shouldn't be any at all. If prestige is a raw overall of a coach then no coordinator should be an A+. And once that is eliminated you'll probably see teams stick with their B+ coach who's having a down year rather than go with the C coordinator who's had a great year with a team. Just saying, you might want to see how it works out before we condemn it.