View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #1
damien6663
Banned

OVR: 7
Rate the 2011 Rookies (2011 and potential)

So as we all are eagerly awaiting the 2011 rookie ratings i thought it would be fun if we all do our best Donny impression and rate the incoming rookies. I will take the first crack on it, i am a bit of a ratings stretcher (traditionally i feel madden has rated to much based on draft position) so here are my takes on it.

The first number will be current rating, the 2nd potential. I will provide description for some players.

1- Cam Newton 74,91

I am not a fan of Cam as a number 1 pick, i feel like he will be thrust into the spotlight year one when he really needs a few years to sit and adjust, potential is there but it also was with Vince Young and Jamarcus Russell.

2- Von Miller 78, 93

Miller is ready to make an impact as a nfl rookie he brings incredible pass rushing ability to the table. However he may be more suited to a 3-4, it is yet to be seen if the broncos made the right move.

3- Marcell Dareus 78, 88

Very safe and solid pick, expect him to disrupt in the middle for years to come, id say he will be a consistently good player but never a true elite at his position. Also an nfl ready prospect.

4-Aj Green, 81, 95

Widely considered one of the best 3 prospects of the draft green will come in and make an immediate impact he has the potential to be a perennial all pro.

5- Patrick Peterson 82, 99

The best player to come out in this draft, will be the next shutdown corner in the nfl in 5 years people wil be talking about revis and peterson as the nfl's 2 premiere corners.

6- Julio Jones 77, 87

Clocks faster then he plays, will not be the playmaker that the falcons are expecting him to be however will turn into a great possesion receiver and redzone threat (for some reason he reminds me a lil of Keyshawn Johnson).

7- Aldon Smith 75, 85

8- Jake Locker 72, 94

To me Locker has the most potential of the quarterback class of 2011, i feel he has been over analyzed and it is hard to throw behind a crap o-line while running for your life. This guy wills a team to win, he might be a little raw and will probably always be a high risk reward qb but so was brett.

9- Tyron Smith 76,84

Week class for round 1 lineman, will be solid but no jake long.

10- Blaine Gabbert 78, 85

To me he is an intangible guy, i think he will be more of a game manager then franchise guy, i do believe that he is more NFL ready then cam, or locker tho.

11- jj Watt 76, 86

I do not like what the texans are doing on defense at all, i will leave it at that.

12- Christian Ponder 78, 82

NFL ready with a low ceiling, i do not think he will get much better then he already is. Chad pennington type quarterback not some one who u take at 12.

13- Nick Fairley 79, 92

Gona bring the heat with SUH, the lions have a great young d line in the making.

14- Robert Quin 76, 88

If their is one thing spags can do, its develop DE's im confident the guy he picks will be a good player.

15- Mike Pouncey 78,91

NFL ready, good genetics will be a good player for a long time.

16- Ryan Kerrgian 74, 82

Not a fan of the player or pick, maybe shanny see's something i do not?

17- Nate Solder 75, 85

Another just solid tackle in the nfl

18- Corey Liuget 77, 86

19-Prince amukamara 78, 87

I can understand why he fell to the spot he did, i see him being a good corner but never elite. (im a gman fan for life btw)

20- Adrian Clayborn 76 88

Good pick for a team on the rise.

21- Phil Taylor 78, 86

A big clogger, his real life skills will not translate to madden.

22- Anthony Castonzo 75, 83

23- Danny Watkins 75, 79

Do not understand this pick at all, age leads to a low ceiling

24- Cameron Jordan 76, 87

25- Jamer Carpented 70, 82

Terrible reach.

26- Jonathan Baldwin 74, 88

27- Jimmy Smith 74, 90

I like this kids skills and potential we will see if he can keep his head in it.

28- Mark Ingram 79, 87

I think he will be a good not great running back in the nfl will be constent but not a gamebreaker.

29- Gabe Carimi 74, 83

30- muhammed wilkerson 76, 83

31- Cam Heyward, 75, 84

32- Derrek Sherod 73, 87

The pack knows how to draft and develop player he wil turn into a very solid player.

** Other Notable**

Andy Dalton 76, 83 (low ceiling)

Colin Kaepernick 70, 87 (He has potential do i think he will realize it in san fran?? NO..but with good coaching and time on the bench i think he could be a good player.)

Ryan Mallet 66, 90 (When he does get a chance in 4 years he will be a belicheck polished qb with a rocket arm. He would fail in alot of places if he went in round 1 like many projected but he will sit and learn from some of the best coaches and players.
Advertisements - Register to remove