Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
choadler
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Action! Sports v. Strat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan77
Action PC baseball is a GREAT product. I play both Strat and APC. I am in some face to face strat leagues. The main thing about APC is what you get for your money. Color Ballparks ($30 extra with strat), ability to add your own ballpark pix (Cant do in strat), Editable PBP (Have to pay for team specific PBP from strat) and so on. Both games play about the same and both have good and bad points. I have played both for many years and give the nod to APC, especially if you are doing solo replay/historical projects.

In regards to the previous post about APC hoops and "funky" stats. I have not seen any more or less funky stats with APC vs Strat. One thing I have a BIG problem with strat is the computer manager. I am in a 4 person league, with the computer controlling the other 16 teams. No matter how many tweaks to the lineups, the computer will just do what it pleases. Some examples... Kobe averaging 14 minutes a game. Durant playing 20. Even though both of these players were in their teams starting lineup and only setup to rest about 8 minutes.

That is really my only beef with SOM hoops. I will say, you can tell that their baseball PC version is the pride of the fleet. Hoops and Football seem more of an afterthought. Still good games and fun, but PC version of football is "Dated" and very limited in complexity (especially offense). Little things like NOT even being able to defer if you win the coin flip..
I bought both the baseball and basketball games. I think the basketball game is a whole heck of a lot of fun. The game does a good job of capturing the feel of a basketball game. I am replaying the 1993-1994 season currently as the Houston Rockets to see if I can repeat.

I am going to be getting the football game once we get closer to football season. I have started playing the baseball game yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove