View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Rookie Scouting

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveTiger
(I realize this answers your question in a round about way, but I had the same question a week or two ago, and what I'm telling you and showing you helped me.)

Some of the higher overall prospects while good already have low potentials, other words they may be MLB ready or close to it, but they won't improve much.

Some of the lowest ones will and can be a A potential or B. This means while they "suck" right now, a few years in the minors and they'll be stars.

Really the little quotes are just hinting at thier potentials.

Click on my name and go to my arena and look at my one blog, a guy posted it on here and I saved it. I wish I remebered his name, maybe he'll see this post. Anyways you can figure out what their potentials are in the draft.

Remember a higher potential is more valuable than I highlly rated guy that won't improve. An A potential will be a future Ryan Howard, Pulojs, Heyward, Posey, etc.

Plus always draft for talent, high potentials or a B or C potential with a high overall, you can then trade for needs.
Thanx to ur post, I have a better understanding about how the scouting process works but nowhere on the screen does it display a draftee's potential...all i see is the caliber of each prospect (I'm in Regional Scouting overlookin all 4 time zones)...Maybe u can direct me to where or what exactly i should be lookin at?....

Also since I was draftin solely on need, will that change anything as far as wanting to scout other prospects? Being that I hired scouts to scout a particular area and that the draft is right around the corner (I'm currently on May 27th in my franchise), I wouldn't think its ample time to change my scouting routine, no?