View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #62
thelasthurtknee
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volstopfan14
I just don't see it. What does adding USF accomplish? The SEC already has a team in the state of Florida and USF is the 4th team in the state. Unless they get to 13 or 15 and need one more member, I can't see any way way the SEC would want USF. If the SEC had to take a Big East team I'd guess they would likely target Louisville.
your looking at it wrong. USF is a huge market for TV and recruiting. and why wouldnt they want another school from Florida? they have two from Miss and Bama. Florida is the number two football state in country. Not sure why you would think that. They are one of the leading medical science schools in country. why does the big east come into this? they have only had a football team since 1997 and only been in the conference since 05. like tcu its on the move up and why is the big east a weak spot? they are much better than the ACC over the last 5 years. Lousiville will never leave the basketball rich big east. usf has a huge student base and football is king down there. now would they be the first choice? i dont think so. Florida St. would be. Texas A&M isnt coming and they are the only texas school we wanted. Clemson and GT make the most sense. but i don't think going as far as virginia would bother the sec. but they are the most compact conference and is maybe why they would like to stay close. its about money and academics so don't get caught up in what conference they play for now or how long they have been around. although USF is rarity. very young team in a monster school.