View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #64
volstopfan14
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Realistic Future Conference Re-Alignments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
your looking at it wrong. USF is a huge market for TV and recruiting. and why wouldnt they want another school from Florida? they have two from Miss and Bama. Florida is the number two football state in country. Not sure why you would think that. They are one of the leading medical science schools in country. why does the big east come into this? they have only had a football team since 1997 and only been in the conference since 05. like tcu its on the move up and why is the big east a weak spot? they are much better than the ACC over the last 5 years. Lousiville will never leave the basketball rich big east. usf has a huge student base and football is king down there. now would they be the first choice? i dont think so. Florida St. would be. Texas A&M isnt coming and they are the only texas school we wanted. Clemson and GT make the most sense. but i don't think going as far as virginia would bother the sec. but they are the most compact conference and is maybe why they would like to stay close. its about money and academics so don't get caught up in what conference they play for now or how long they have been around. although USF is rarity. very young team in a monster school.
I think you misunderstood me when I said we already have a team in Florida. I'm saying that a team such as Texas A&M or Virginia Tech would be much more attractive to the SEC because they are in a market that the SEC is not in right now. The SEC already has markets in Florida. I'd be willing to bet that there are more UF fans in Tampa than USF fans. Also, I have nothing against the Big East. I just don't feel as if any of their teams would be a good addition to the SEC right now. I don't think Louisville will come and I don't think they will ever be given that choice either. I'm just saying that I think the SEC would look to them before they look at USF. I don't think the SEC will expand unless the Big Ten or the Pac-12 makes a move first. If that was to happen, I think the SEC would look to Texas (dream scenario), Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Miami, and Georgia Tech. BTW, I know very little about the academic status of each school.