View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:09 AM   #4
RedZoneD25
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: Was there ever a definitive answer to.......

To be a bit more detailed-

Josh Looman was in charge of Franchise Mode during it's peak years (Madden 04-07 PS2). After that, he left to work on Head Coach 09, which is arguably the best "franchise mode" in video game history. He returned to the team in Madden 10, with the hub that we've all been accustomed to that in his words would "provide a foundation for the future". Madden 11 didn't see too many changes, but I personally believe they were already looking to where we are now back during Madden 10's cycle. Instead of putting in 50% of the features we're getting now in Madden 11, they fixed some sim stat bugs, added new classes and called it a day in order to maximize the impact (and amount) of Madden 12's improvements.

To sum it up-

The reason Franchise Mode was lacking from M06-M09 is because Josh Looman wasn't on the team. The reason it was lacking in M10-M11 was because they were preparing the behemoth that was Madden 12's Franchise Mode (and the fact that he was put on MUT duty).

Notes-

A few things that weren't in PS2 FM besides expanded rosters-

- Dynamic Player Performance (arguably the most important change)
- Future Draft Picks
- Real Rookie Portraits
- Cut Days (well, that ties into expanded rosters but is still different)

That's just off the top of my head. Will M12's FM be perfect? No. The thing is though, it is far and away going to be the best we have had on this version of consoles...I'm sure of it.

Last edited by RedZoneD25; 05-31-2011 at 03:34 AM.