Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #215
Drewski
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Armor & Swords Post Patch Pro 12Min Real FG/FT% Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
If you really want to get a feel of what level is right for you with this slider set I would play at least 12 games on both Pro and All-Star. I know that is a lot. But try playing against elite teams, bad teams and middle of the pack and you will get a good idea of what "feels" right for you.

I am still having fantastic seasons with this set on Pro. It just feels right for my playing style. I may one day try All-Star and give MK Harshes All-Star set a run. the only thing I found with All-Star was the fun factor is toned down and when youy play with Wade, Lebron etc...you want some high flying slamma jamma moments and I get a nice balance of that on Pro. On All-Star I also felt it was slightly scripted with the cpu making insane runs. But I also am not the greatest 2K player. This is my first true go with NBA2K. I had been an NBA Live die hard from last gen. 2K11 is my first true next gen B-Ball game. And it will be my last. That's how awesome this game is.

But again play a good sample size to get an idea of what will make the game fun as well as getting the realistic sim feel you want. It is a tricky balance that I was able to get with this slider set and I based it of a base from the Purist's first pre-patch set as well as looking at a few others and getting some great feedback early on.
The sliders are wonderful, no question. I played a few more games last night, put it on Pro from All-Star, and I'm still really blowing teams out. Granted I played a couple of middling to low end teams, I still can't really fathom I'd blow them out as hard as I did. When I get back from work today I'll probably load the sliders up under the all-star difficulty. The one game I did play on all-star was really challenging, and while it's not necessarily "fun" to have to grind it out point by point, it's more along the lines of realism I'm looking for.

I really think all-star was right on the money, the CPU was just a tad over the top on making buckets at will. I'll have to run a few more games at all-star and see how to adjust it.
Advertisements - Register to remove