View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #170
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Man, the games I've been having lately with these sliders have been AMAZING!

I played what likely was the most intense game yet the other night in my custom Association (using PB's Jordan Challenge edited rosters and subbing in those classic teams in place of low-rated teams), as my 1990-91 Los Angeles Lakers went into the Boston Garden and defeated the 1985-86 Boston Celtics, 86-85. That Boston team is just flat-out scary; Bird and McHale are tough to stop and they play really aggressive defense. It was a nice win for me, as these same Celtics beat me down in the Forum by 17.

Unfortunately, the next night I went down to the current-day Chicago Bulls @ the United Center by 8 points. You could tell my guys were fatigued and had nothing left by the 4th qurater, where Chicago broke away. Two nights later I returned to the Forum and took a beating at the hands of the Miami Heat by 22. I actually led by 9 points after the first quarter, but was outscored by 20 in the second and Miami led by 30 at one point in the second half. LeBron James was unstoppable, and Big Z couldn't miss.

In those last 2 games, my shooting percentage has been in the mid-30's. My team chemisty is good, but the grind of the schedule has caught up to my guys. Thankfully, I have a week off before my next game (playing a 58-game schedule). Most games, I'm shooting in the mid-40's, and the CPU is usually in the same area.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)