View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #7
Thinking Out Loud
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden’s Dynamic Performance Serves Sundays With More Flavour (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
I have to say while I love the sound of this feature, I don't like how streaks get reset after 3 weeks. Make it a random number most likely to be 3 by all means (such as 5% 1 wk, 20% 2 wks, 50% 3 wks, 20% 4 wks & 5% 5 weeks), I just don't like the idea of knowing a streak will end at a certain point.
I had this discussion with some other posters in another thread about the resets and I think you should try looking at it differently. A streak is the amount of time, consecutively, that their confidence level notably affects their performance/ratings. The preset reset is the maximum amount of time, consecutively, before their confidence level, high or low, no longer has a notable affect and the player ratings resume being dictated by their consistency.

Ratings will fluctuate game to game regardless of if a player is on a streak or not, so a reset does not mean a player's rating goes back to any exact number. It just means the player is back to their usual form. By definition streaks require a start and end or else they wouldn't be steaks, they would be routine.

The reset consecutively caps the cumlative affect confidence can have on ratings but does NOT prohibit players from going on multiple streaks, throughout each season. Players can come out of one streak and roll right into another. Also, resets are individually based on each player except for bye-weeks, injury and off season team resets, so each team can have various players on streaks a majority of the time.